We received such overwhelming support and positivity from the Lean in Belfast members and meeting a variety of strong, successful women was inspiring but also thought provoking.
'How did these women get to this stage?’
‘Who supported them?’
‘Did they pave their own way?’
We acknowledged that this circle/chapter could be intimidating to younger women starting out but were inspired by the thought ‘Imagine if we had this level of peer support, encouragement and knowledge when we were starting out?’
Then through a serendiptitous meeting of minds, Jean Barrett Quinn and Niamh Crawford-Walker - founders of this circle - were introduced by Lean In Belfast Leader, Gayle Alexander.
• We hope to create a foundation space to encourage, empower, motivate and champion young women.
• We hope this space will be a platform to enable Future Female Leaders succeed in their chosen field.
• We hope to attract a diverse range of young women pursuing careers in various industries
• We hope to inspire and encourage a sense of value and belonging
• We hope to ensure Managing Mental Health is a respected priority.
• We hope to offer a space to help lighten the load of “figuring it all out”